Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yoga today...

Yoga today was a good workout. It felt great to stretch my muscles out. I am seeing more and more flexibility every class. I still have trouble with balance, but I am getting less self conscious about falling over. It helps when I can get in the back of the room so I don’t feel like I am distracting those behind me. Here is a picture of the studio from my normal spot in the back....

a6620001218412089-10936

One area that I have seen great improvement in is my feet. I never really thought about stretching and strengthening my feet, but they feel great. I rarely have cramps in my feet while running since I started yoga.

I am feeling a little odd today since I haven’t run. Six straight days was good in some ways, but I know my body needed the break today. My quads were really tight and it felt good to stretch them out. Tomorrow I hope to get in another 10+ miles. I can’t believe that the Spinx half is only three weeks from this Saturday. I am going to push through some mileage these next few weeks and then taper off for a few days before the half. The 10 day forecast looks great for running with lows in 50’s.

One other note... The Garmin is great. I have really enjoyed being able to explore new areas and not worrying about how far I have run. It also allows me to take off across a field if I want to get out of traffic.

Good luck to my friend Mark Harris who is running the Army 10 Miler this Saturday in Washington, DC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment