Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nice 7 miles today...

It was very humid and a little warmer than I had hoped for, but it was a good run. I almost stretched it out to 9 or 10 but I felt good at 7 and had run a good pace, so I decided to end on a high note. I’ll probably try to make Monday mornings my long day and go for 10 then.

I ran in my oldest pair of shoes and they still feel OK. I think I am going to keep them in the rotation for a few more months. I want to make it through the end of the year with the three pairs I have and then get a new pair to break in for the Marathon. Sounds like a good Christmas present.

I have two pairs of Saucony Pro-Grid Omni 6’s and one pair of Pearl Izumi Syncro Pace II’s. I like the Pearl’s for racing because they seem a bit lighter. All my shoes have super feet green inserts too. They are expensive, but have been worth it in my opinion. I’ll give a shout out to the folks at Fleet Feet for setting me up with the shoes.

The race calendar is really filling up. If we add in the Race for the Cure and the Caine Halter Lung Run, we will be running almost every weekend for the next two months. Sounds like fun to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment