Monday, September 8, 2008

7 hard miles today...

I thought I was going to have a nice, easy run today but it wasn’t that way at all. I figured since I rested yesterday, I would have an easy time this morning. I guess I had not completely recovered from the triathlon. I struggled the first two miles and tolerated the next three. After that, I felt pretty good. I had hoped to run 8 or 9 this morning, but I just didn’t have the time with my slow pace.

Yesterday we closed the neighborhood pool down. Between that and going to the Clemson game on Saturday, I realized summer was officially over for 2008. I am enjoying the cooler mornings for running, but I always hate to see summer go.

Bobby starts fall baseball practice tonight and Julian still has Wade Hampton swim team for a few more weeks, so we have lots going on. Once Julian is done swimming, I am going to get her and Bobby started on some light running and hope to have them ready for the Greenville News run in January.

Lee is contemplating run/walking the Myrtle Beach half marathon in February instead of running the 5K there. I think she can handle it. I am still planning on running the Spinx half in October and then the Myrtle Beach full in February. If that goes well, I will taper down after the spring running season and then start next August really getting ready for the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC in October of 2009.

I will be glad to get back to Yoga tomorrow. I think part of my problem today was that I missed Yoga class on Saturday. I think I will ride a few miles in the morning tomorrow too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment