Monday, September 29, 2008

10.5 nice and easy...

I wanted to run a faster pace this morning, but after the speed intervals last night I didn’t have it in me.  Instead of the 9:15 pace I wanted for my long run, I had about a 9:37.  I felt good though, so that was a positive.  I have been running without my iPod for the last month and I am thinking about taking it with me for my next long run to see if it helps or hurts my pace.  


I have a busy 6 weeks coming up with 3 races (possibly 4 if we do the 1 miler in Clemson this weekend).  I have a 5K on 10/11 that I will probably be leg tired going into because I will be in a heavy week of training for the Spinx half on 10/25.  Then on 11/8 I have a 5K that I hope to really be able to sprint through and shoot for a new PR.


After that, things seem to slow down until the first of the year.  I am going to keep my eyes open though because I seem to find races that aren’t heavily publicized if I look hard enough.


After 6 straight days of running, I am looking forward to Yoga tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment