Friday, September 19, 2008

Waiting....

Waiting on my Garmin...... It should be here today. Maybe I can charge it and use it at tonight’s race.

Tonight we are running the BMW 2 miler. It is on a closed course at the BMW performance center. I am sure the race will be filled with lots of elite runners. This is the kind of race that I am using as a speed workout and not really trying to make a goal time. I just want to see how fast I can run over a ‘short’ distance. I was going to go out and run 3 or 4 miles this morning, but decided to take it easy and then run with my Garmin in the morning before going to Clemson.

We ate pasta last night and I overdid it, but hopefully it will give me the juice for a speedy run tonight.

I am starting to get excited about the Spinx half in October. I hope there will be people out in their yards supporting us on the run, I am going to need it! I used the Runners World tool that predicts finishing times based on past races of different distances and it projects I can finish the half in just under two hours. I guess I will make that my goal, although my real goal is just to finish and hear my name called out as I enter West End Field...

0 comments:

Post a Comment