Monday, September 8, 2008

Upcoming races...

Well, we have the BMW Performance Classic on 9/19. It is a two mile sprint with cool prizes and adult beverages at the finish line.... Hmm, I might have to run more than two miles to work that off...

We also have the RC Cola and Moon Pie 1 mile downhill race at Clemson on 10/4.

Next up is the Furman Blue Shoes 5K on 10/11.

Then the Spinx Half Marathon (5K for Lee) on 10/25.

We may do the Race for the Cure 5K on 9/27 if the timing works out.

I’m glad Lee humors me by doing these races. Knowing I have a race coming up gets me out of bed and on the run. There is nothing like the fear of failure to get you motivated!

Actually, each race I complete places another brick in the wall that I am building between the ‘old’ me and the ‘new’ me. Filling my mind with reminders of my new lifestyle helps me keep from backsliding (good southern religious term there) into my old habits. I have a wall in our mud room where I hang all my bib numbers from each race. It is a reminder of how far I have come. Eventually that wall will be so full that I won’t be able to remember each race. When that day comes, I will have built a strong image of the new me that hopefully will serve to keep me healthy for the next 50 years or so....

0 comments:

Post a Comment