Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Got my bike ride in...

I have a real hard time living up to the promise I always make when trying out a new race distance or in this case a new type of race. I keep telling myself to just be happy if I finish this sprint-triathlon on Saturday and don’t worry about the time. Then I go out and ride 14 miles this morning and realize how far back in the pack I am going to be and it stinks.

Also, I now formally apologize to any biker that I may have honked my horn at in my younger days. I’m sure the guy that came up behind me in the dark and honked his horn got a big laugh when I almost jumped off the bike. The peace I find running in the dark of early morning is not there when I bike. I am constantly looking for a stick, rock or pothole in the dark. I am convinced that before I get to the bottom of each hill I am going to hit something and flipping over the handlebars.

So far so good though, the next time I ride will be in the rain from Hurricane Hannah on Saturday morning in the race. Should be a very pleasant experience.

Once this is over, I am going to start training for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. I’ll run the Spinx half as part of my training. So if you see me looking disoriented and with an empty fuel belt during the next few months, help the old guy out and point me towards home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment