Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another 5+ Day...

I got in a little over 5 miles today at a moderate pace. It felt really good out, even with the wind. I am glad I remembered my Body Glide. If you aren’t familiar with it, this miracle product is great for preventing chaffing in sensitive areas...

I also started thinking back to when I first began running late last year. I started out in cotton t-shirts, under armor compression shorts and gym shorts. As the weather cooled and my intensity increased, the cotton t-shirts and shorts got more and more soaked and uncomfortable. The chaffing got serious then too. After a few runs with band-aids covering sensitive areas on my chest, I discovered Body Glide. I also understood why everyone likes the new wicking fabrics so much.

Since then, that is about all I run in. Even if it is cold and I need a sweatshirt or long sleeved shirt, I still wear the wicking shirts underneath. I have consistently found good deals at Target on the Champion C-9 line of athletic clothes. I’ll also pick up some great technical shirts at Fleet Feet when they have their sales.

Tomorrow, I wanted to go to Yoga, but I don’t think that will happen. I hope to get 5-6 miles in before work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment