Thursday, September 4, 2008

I love this weather!

It was a nice 65 degrees when I went out this morning. There were lots of people out and about, especially after 6:00. I am going to have to start wearing my ipod even if I don’t listen to it so that I have some sense of what pace I am running and how long I have been out. When I looped by the elementary school at my 6 mile mark, there were several teachers already there and I started to panic that I had been out too long.

7 Miles today at an easy pace today. I took it pretty slow the first 3 miles and then picked up the pace. I could have easily run 10+ today, but I didn’t have the time. Hopefully that energy will carry over to the triathlon on Saturday. I got in another 3 or 4 miles of biking last night chasing Bobby around Lake Forest while Lee got used to the road bike she borrowed. I am starting to enjoy the biking and we may have to trade up to some road bikes if we enjoy the triathlon. I will definitely get a light on my bike if I keep riding because it is pretty scary to be flying down a hill in the dark and worrying that you may hit a rock or pothole and wipe out.

Julian has a swim meet tonight and I am a timer, so it looks like another 2 hours at the Westside Aquatic Center. She and her friends are really enjoying swim team and the exercise is great. I think I am going to start working with her and Bobby on a little running at night. I want to get them up to where they can run a 5K in the spring....

Lots of people ask tell me they can’t run because of various ailments or failed attempts in the past. My experience is that most of the time people start way too fast. Here is a link to a beginners running plan called Couch to 5K. You will see it abbreviated a lot of places as C25K. Take a look and realize that you can run a 5K in just a little over two months without a lot of work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment