Friday, September 12, 2008

Building the base....

I went out today and ran an easy 4 miles. This is the third day in a row I have run and the 4th out of the last 5... I am working on building a base of 30 miles a week to prepare for the Spinx Half and then push that up to 40 as I prepare for the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February.

So far, I have done well with no aches and pains showing up. I attribute this mostly to the Yoga I have been doing for the past month or so. My flexibility in my quads, hamstrings and calves is significantly better than it was. I think this has really helped me react to potholes, stepping off curbs and stepping on debris.

I may try to get 4 or 5 miles in tomorrow morning if I get up in time. That would give me 27-28 miles this week.

I also would like to get to the point where I run 10 on Monday, 7 on Wed, 8 on Thursday and 5 on Friday. That would make a nice week for me with Yoga on Tuesday and Saturday. Once I get to that level, I want to add a mile a week to the Monday run until I get to 13. We’ll see.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment