Friday, September 19, 2008

Garmin is here & a great two miles

Got the Garmin, charged it up and took it to my race tonight. Of course, I left the heart rate strap at the office, but the distance and speed was mostly what I was interested in.

This race was really neat. BMW has a performance driving school near their plant here. The course was on their track and through some parking lots and access roads. Totally closed off, so it was fun to run. They had the start divided off by estimated times. Of course, lots of folks had no idea where they should be and we still had to struggle to get running at first.

I ran 14:44 for a 7:22 average. That was a great time for me and I think it would have been 10-15 seconds faster if I hadn’t been so bunched up the first .2 of a mile.

When the race was over, they had beer, water, gatorade, fruit and the gigantic pretzels that were as thick as bagels. We also saw some of the professional drivers on the course and they were flying. You could ride with one for a $10 donation, but we had to leave and pick up my daughter at a party... maybe next year.

I hope to run tomorrow morning before we leave for the game.

Thanks to Marion who’s blog turned me on to sporttracks software... I imported my Garmin run and it put it on a Google Earth map...

BMW 2 Miler

0 comments:

Post a Comment