Friday, September 5, 2008

Ran anyway......

I was originally going to Yoga today, but work got in the way. Even though I normally don’t do much the day before a race, I decided to stretch my legs a little this morning and got 4 miles in at a nice, easy pace. It felt good and I know that I probably won’t do anything on Sunday, so I will have a full day off then. I still need to 2 buckets for the race to use as storage and seats at the staging area. I also may pick up 2 chamois towels because Judy told me they really get you dried off quickly. I also need to figure out what food to take. I think I am going to carry my old standby, a clif bar. I’ll carry gatorade in my fuel belt too.

Once this triathlon is over, I am going to start putting together a marathon training schedule for Myrtle Beach. I have seen several websites that help you create one and the book I am reading has some in it as well. My next book to read is all about running your first marathon, so I am sure it will have tips as well.

I’m also saving up for my Garmin 405 GPS watch. It will really help when working on pace for the marathon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment