Monday, September 1, 2008

Sprint-Tri week begins...

I started my sprint-tri week with a great yoga class. Lot’s of lower body work today including some stretching on the IT band. I think this will be one of the biggest benefits to my running because I hear of lots of runners that have IT band problems as they increase their mileage in training.

I’ll probably get my swimming in again today, maybe shooting for more than the 300 meters required for the race. Tomorrow, I hope to get up early enough to ride my bike down to the pool and swim, then bike home, then run 4 miles.

Thanks to some of our friends (Judy and Mike, it’s your fault), I have decided to up my schedule for my first marathon. I am going to target the MB Marathon in February. This will let me work the Spinx half into my training schedule. If nothing else, I should be able to eat my hot dog at Peaches Corner without guilt after running the marathon...

I also want to apologize to those in my yoga class today. I’ll try to get in the back next time so I don’t distract you as I continually struggle with my balance poses!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment