Sunday, August 31, 2008

Next up...

Next up is the Tri The Ridge sprint triathlon next Saturday. This should be interesting since I am neither a cyclist or swimmer. Lee wanted to try one, so we are going to do our best. So far, I have had 2 sessions of riding the bike and then running and 2 sessions of swimming 300 meters. I am riding my wal-mart special trail bike. Fortunately, Lee has a friend that is loaning her a road bike and a ‘triathlon suit’. I’ve got a speedo jammer that usually wear under my regular bathing suit at the beach. I guess I will swim in it and then pull on some running shorts over it for the rest of the journey.

Someone recommended that we take 5 gallon buckets to put in the staging area. They said we can flip them over and sit on them while we are changing. I thought that was a good suggestion. I also plan on taking my fuel belt and some Clif bars. I think I may cut the fingers out of my batting gloves from softball because I notice that long stints on the bike seem to bother my hands.

Other than that, we are going into this blind with our only goal to finish with a smile on our face....

0 comments:

Post a Comment