Friday, August 29, 2008

Pre-race thoughts....

I went to Anderson to pick up our registration packets for tonight’s races and also to drive the course. The course is mostly long, moderate hills. The start is downhill about a mile and it is an out and back course, so that tells you all you need to know about the finish!

Packet pickup was very organized and I liked that they gave me my chip ahead of time. I have been very disappointed in some races where you go to early pick up and they give you everything but the chip.... What’s the point of early pickup if I have to stand in line before the race anyway?

Of course, once I got home I looked at my bib and noticed I was a female. Now, I am on hold with the race folks trying to get that corrected. I think most women would be upset to have me classified as one of them, I just hope I don’t get some smart aleck guy on the phone that says they did it on purpose!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment