Saturday, August 30, 2008

Race Results...

Wow, what a great 10 hours...

The Anderson race was a lot of fun. Big crowd, lots of music and food and great organization. Lee had a good 5K and I enjoyed watching the finish. The winner posted and awesome 15:02. Somehow I lost Lee between where I was yelling for her and where she took her chip off. Once we finally met up, I handed her the car key and headed up to the starting line for the 10K. They had over 700 in the 5K and about 330 in the 10K. I was hoping to be under 52 minutes and just missed it at 52:02. It was still a PR for me. We got home about 1:00 in the morning and then showered and got in bed a little after 1:30 for a nice 5 hour nap before heading out to the Stars and Stripes 5K this morning.

The Stars and Stripes is part of the US Cycling event in Greenville this weekend. It was run on the time trial course the cyclist will use. It was an out and back course that was 1.5 uphill to start and 1.6 downhill to finish. No one was calling out splits and I didn’t have a watch on or my iPod so I had no idea what my pace was. I knew I was pacing some quick runners because I had seen them before. The wind was in my face the whole way out and then of course disappeared as it was to my back on the downhill return. I kept a decent pace on the way back and really picked it up (for me) the last 1/2 mile or so. I finished with a new PR of about 23:30 (still waiting to see the official results). Lee brought home a new PR too with a 26:30 time.

Now I am ready to head to the pool for a while and then get some tailgate food for the Clemson/Alabama game tonight. If the Tigers do as well as we did today, it should be a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment