Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yoga today, races this weekend...

It amazes me how much I can sweat while standing still. I have really enjoyed yoga so far, even though it is a very humiliating experience at times. It is obvious that my balance needs a lot of work. My ankle strength needs this work too.

In a few short weeks I have seen a big improvement in my flexibility, especially my quads and hamstrings. My core must be improving some as I have noticed my form is better when I am running. I have always had a problem moving my arms in line with my running motion. My normal motion is to move them more diagonally and across my body. Since starting yoga, I have noticed that I have a much easier time straightening out that motion.

We are racing this week.... Midnight Flight 10K for me on Friday night (5K for Lee) and then the Stars and Stripes 5K on Saturday morning. This will be quite an interesting experience to see how my time is affected on Saturday. I am glad to see so many races coming up, it seems like we could do one a week if we wanted to.

I still need to get off my tail and sign up for the Spinx half. Maybe I’ll do it tonight....

Tomorrow, I hope to ride 6 miles and run 4 if it isn’t raining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment