Monday, September 15, 2008

Long run done!

I was a little nervous about my weight this weekend since I didn’t exercise after Friday, but everything held up pretty well. Even with the homemade lasagna last night, I maintained my weight....

I did not want to get up this morning when the alarm went off at 5:00, but I managed to get out of bed. Once I am up and walking, I am OK. It is getting out from under the covers that is hard. I took two 8oz bottles of Gatorade in my fuel belt and headed out about 5:15. It was a beautiful morning to run because of the full moon. It was pretty warm and humid though, so I was drenched by the time I hit the three mile mark at the pool. If the cover wasn’t on it, I would probably have jumped in.

I had wanted to get 8.5 in, but I got 10. I felt like I could have easily made it for 13 or 14, but the clock caught up to me. It felt good to get that long of a run in. I had no pain or cramps. I ran negative splits between the first 5 and second 5 and really was moving really well at the end. I think the two days rest did me right.

I am getting close to buying my Garmin, but I am now having some second thoughts about getting the newer model 405.

405garmin

Or the older model 305...
garmin305

I have read that the 405’s touch sensitive bezel kind of gets wacky if it gets sweat on it. And if I wear it while running, I will definitely get sweat on it! I also have heard that the 305 is more comfortable and the battery last longer. I think the 405 does have better satellite reception though. I think I am going to go to Fleet Feet and try on the 405 and see what I think...

Tomorrow I want to get a short run in and go to Yoga class...

We have a busy week this week as Bobby starts back in Cub Scouts and has baseball practice tonight. Julian has her last swim meet on Tuesday. We have church on Wednesday and we are running the BMW 2 mile on Friday night. Oh yeah, our newest addition to the family is having her surgery on Tuesday too... Here is a picture of Indy (b&w dog) and her new friend Pearl (on the bed).... I’ll get better pictures when we get a new camera, this came off my phone...

dogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment