Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another one in the books...

10.6 miles early this morning. I would have gone further, but once again I did not want to get up and get moving. My transition time from bed to driveway was about 25 minutes. I need to cut that down to 5!

I altered my route a little today and did about 3 miles on the Lake Forest track. This let me focus on some pacing and avoid a second loop up East North Street. I enjoyed the cool temperatures and I look forward to the Furman Blue Shoes on 10/11 to see if my 5K time picks up with less heat.

I am currently looking at marathon training plans for the upcoming Myrtle Beach Marathon. One thing I have noticed is that most of them for beginner/novice/intermediate runners start out with lower mileage than I am currently running. I am trying to figure out if I just up their mileage in the early weeks to meet my current level and stay there until the plan increases it or if I just keep doing what I have been doing until I hit the week in their plan that has similar mileage.

There are lots of races coming up. I hope to fit many of them into my training schedule. I heard there is usually a 5K at Eastside High School on Thanksgiving. I may see if that is happening this year. If not, I may run the first annual ‘Robert Prepares to Pig Out 10 Mile Turkey Trot’. You are welcome to join me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment