Thursday, October 30, 2008

7 more today....

It felt great out today and I enjoyed every bit of my run. I am going to enjoy the next two weeks of ‘light’ running before I start full blown marathon training. If all goes well, I will have three 20 mile runs prior to the marathon in February. I am hoping to get Lee to run part of my long runs with me.

I originally thought I would just run multiple loops of some of my normal routes on these long runs, but now I think I may try to map out either one big loop or a destination run where someone drops me off and I run home. I think I could do some pretty fun runs that way, especially if I incorporate some of the downtown area and swamp rabbit trails.

Last week I went in Fleet Feet to get some Shot Bloks before the race and I saw the ’13.1’ stickers at the checkout stand. I almost went ahead and bought them, but I am just too superstitious. I felt sure I would be tempting the running gods to strike me down with a sprained ankle or pulled hamstring. So I waited until after the race, but now I have them proudly on display. I can’t wait to add a ’26.2’ right beside them in February! I used to think it was funny that my kids got excited about getting stickers, but I guess I am no different!

0 comments:

Post a Comment