Friday, October 3, 2008

Marathon training officially begins...

Well, it is kind of beginning anyway... I have officially registered for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. I am proud to report that Lee has registered for the half marathon!

I think I have settled on Hal Higdon’s training intermediate II training plan. I like it because it focuses on one tempo run per week and one long run per week. I am not sure I could handle trying to keep up with speed work as well. I also like that it gives me three 20 milers during the training. I still don’t understand how I will suddenly be able to run 26.2 miles when my longest run in training is 20 miles, but enough people have done it that it must be true. :)

I added a calendar to my web page to keep track of my training schedule. I had to modify a few things to take care of the Spinx Half on 10/25 and also because I want my X-Training to be on Tuesdays instead of Mondays if at all possible.

We’ll see how it goes. I am pretty excited about it in general and hope I feel the same way when I hit the big mileage weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment