Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yoga today...

We did a very intense workout today. Lots of quad, hamstring and core work. I sweated like I had been doing cardio for 30 minutes. It is a great feeling to be totally stretched out at the end of the workout.

We also did a lot of specific work on our knees to strengthen the joint. I will definitely go again Friday to get totally loose before the race on Saturday.

On another note, my daughter won an award for Most Improved Swimmer on her high school swim team. She worked really hard this year and I am proud of her determination and effort. Now, we will try get her to run a 5K before the spring swimming season begins.

Saturday is looking to be cool and wet. I’m not sure what that will do for my run, but I don’t think it will matter too much. It is a good thing the races are ending at Fluor Field so that the spectators and early finishers can stay out of the weather while the rest of us penguins waddle through to the finish....

0 comments:

Post a Comment