Tuesday, October 14, 2008

7 miles Monday, Yoga today...

I got in seven miles Monday at a good pace. I kept a consistent 8:30 pace for the whole run. I would love to keep that up for the half marathon in two weeks, but we’ll see how that goes.

We had substitute yoga instructor today and he was pretty good. We did some poses with a wide stance that I liked because I could get my hands flat on the floor.

I have been having some email conversation with Allan, my running coach. He is trying to ease my nerves about the half marathon. It is good to get feedback from someone that has been running for a long time and someone that has known me for a long time too. Since his parents and my parents know each other, I doubt that he would encourage me to do something that would actually cause me bodily harm. Plus, he knows my athletic ability pretty well since we were on the JV basketball team together back in the day.... In fact because he knows me so well, he about had a heart attack when he saw me at the Reedy River Run last year!

I spend a lot of time thinking about training, nutrition and hydration for the race. I don’t always spend enough time talking to people that have done the distance and listening to their experiences. I plan to do more of that in the next two weeks and I’ll do it again leading up to the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February.

0 comments:

Post a Comment