Sunday, October 12, 2008

Furman Blue Shoes 5K

This was a fun race. It was my first time running a true cross country course. I was a little intimidated at first as the college and high school teams were unloading and heading up to the course. I briefly thought we were going to be running against them. I was very relieved to find out that the 5K was just a preliminary event to the big Cross Country meet that Furman was hosting.

Some of the kids were cheering us on and that was pretty neat. I ran a little slower than I would have on pavement, but I was happy with my time.

I got out for a little over 8 miles at a slow, easy pace today. Then we went to the mountains and did a little hike with my son and the dogs. The dogs wore me out. I need to get a prong collar for Pearl (the new dog) so she doesn’t pull her collar through her neck. I got quite the triceps workout holding on to them.

We need to get some more miles in for Bobby. He has to have 25 in by the time of the Spinx Kids Marathon.

Tomorrow... I may try to get in a short run before work or during lunch. I’ll see how my legs feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment