Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thanks Megan....

One of the other Greenville Track Club bloggers posted a message about her pre-race jitters. That got me thinking and then it got me worrying!

Now every time I stand up, I feel a pain that I am sure is a pulled muscle. Every time I sneeze, I am convinced I have the flu. I look at the map of the race and I think, ‘there is no way I can run that far’. I will be glad to get out there Saturday morning and get moving. One thing I am trying to do to calm my nerves is laying out a race ‘strategy’. I am starting to put together a mile by mile pace plan.

One thing I have decided is that I am going to focus on finishing strong rather than finishing fast. I am going to do my best to go out slow and speed up. I would like to get two miles in at a moderate pace and then speed up for 5-7 miles and see how I feel. I would love to finish under two hours (OK, I have now publicly stated my goal) but I mostly want to finish.

I have a short run scheduled today and yoga tomorrow. I may have to schedule some Pepto training sessions if the butterflies in my stomach don’t settle down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment