Friday, October 24, 2008

16 hours until the race....

Well the big race (Spinx Half Marathon) is tomorrow morning at 8:00. Young son is running the 1.2 mile kids marathon at 8:10 and Lee and young daughter are in the 5K at 9:00. I hope Lee is able to push young daughter to run some.

I have taken care of most of my pre-race tasks. I got some more Shot Bloks (gummy bear like electrolyte candy) today. I picked up all our packets, numbers and chips at the expo. I have been hydrating. I am glad I read Runners World regularly because I noticed an article not long ago that said drinking lots of water prior to a race can actually flush out your electrolytes. I don’t want that, so I am mixing some gatorade in with my hydration plan.

I still need to pick up some band-aids. I was going to just go with the body glide, but with the possibility of rain and the cool temps I think I will go old school with some band-aids.

I also need to do a little shopping because I need to get together the food and stuff to take camping with young son tomorrow night. Yes, I am looking forward to a night in a sleeping bag and tent to recover from the half marathon!

Thanks in advance to all those volunteers that make the race possible. I’ll be easy to pick out if you are watching the race. I’ll be the guy that you see and say “I don’t think he really understood how long a half marathon is...”

0 comments:

Post a Comment