Thursday, October 16, 2008

5 more in the books...

I got in a great 5 miles at an 8:16 pace. That felt great to me. I am really trying to run my shorter runs at faster paces than I used to. I am going to try and get in a 10-14 miler in the morning and then figure out a taper plan for next week to rest for the half on 10/25.

I have started hydrating a little earlier in my runs lately and I think it is really helping me keep my speed up for longer periods of time. I have some Clif Shot Bloks that I am going to try on this long run too.

shotblocks.lemonlime

If I like them, I will probably carry some in the half along with a half clif bar. I have some friends that carry fig newtons with them on long runs, but I would eat a whole sleeve of them and I really don’t want to do that.

I just realized that right after the Spinx Half, my son and I leave for a cub scout camping trip. So much for a great nights sleep after the race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment