Monday, October 27, 2008

Back in the saddle....

I went out for an easy 5.4 miles today. It felt good to be back on the road, no soreness at all. I did have a little foot cramp but I am sure that yoga will straighten that out tomorrow.

I have had some time to reflect on the race and I have been reading some comments of others. I think the Greenville Track Club did a great job. I was even more impressed when I found out that a lot of their volunteers were not able to come because they were high school football players that had their games moved to Saturday because of the rain. There was plenty of water on the course and there were more spectators than I expected with the weather. This was the first race I have done where they put your name on your bib, and I appreciated the people calling me out by name as I was running. It was a great experience and makes me wonder what it would be like to run a big city marathon where the streets are lined with people.

I’ve also been thinking about what distance is my favorite to run in a race. I think the half marathon is a great distance. It requires training, but you don’t have re-arrange your life to prepare for it. I will be interested to see how I feel after the full marathon in February. After the half, I felt pretty good. I think I would like to run the Myrtle Beach in February, the Marine Corps Marathon next October and then the Disney Marathon after that. I won’t ever be a Boston Qualifier, so I think getting those three in would be a great accomplishment for me and then I could drop back to 10K’s an Halfs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment