Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rainy day run...

5.4 miles in the rain today. I don’t mind running in the rain. I generally sweat so much that it looks like I have been in the rain anyway...

I tried to go out at a normal pace and then kick it in for three miles. I kicked it in for one mile and then decided to just enjoy the rain and go at a normal pace. All in all, I averaged about 8:33 a mile I think.

One thing about running in the rain is that I look down a lot more. I saw a dead squirrel, a dead bird, a shoe and half of a hamburger. I also saw a pile of dog waste that I avoided, only to step in a puddle that was MUCH deeper than I thought. That’s why I wear my oldest shoes in the rain!

The Spinx Runfest is coming up and I think we are all going to be running in an event. It will be a great family day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment