Wednesday, October 22, 2008

5 Mile Tempo Run

I ran another five mile tempo run today. Actually, I ran the first three at my tempo pace of just under 8:00 per mile and the last two at about 8:30 a mile. I wanted to see how good I felt slowing down after going out fast. I hope to be able to go out at a target pace on Saturday, but if I go out too fast I wanted to see how well I recovered when I slowed down.

I felt pretty good and I felt like I could have kept up the 8:30 pace for quite a while. I hope I feel the same way Saturday!

I need to by Fleet Feet and pick up some more Clif Shot Bloks for the race. I am planning on wearing my fuel belt even though they are having water every mile. I like being able to drink out of the bottles and I like being able to drink on my schedule. I’ll also carry a half of a clif bar just in case I really crash.

Now that it looks like it will probably be wet and cool on Saturday, I am a little unsure about what to wear. I also wonder if I will wear my ‘rain’ shoes or my ‘race’ shoes. I would much rather wear the Pearl Izumi’s I like to race in than my older Saucony’s, but if it is really raining I’ll probably go with the old shoes.

Hopefully the rain will bail out before we go to Camp Old Indian after the race. Nothing like a night in a sleeping bag after 13 mile race...

0 comments:

Post a Comment