Monday, October 6, 2008

LSR finally done...

Thanks to Lee taking the kids to school this morning, I had time to sleep a little later and still get my my 13 mile run in. It was hard to slow my pace down early on, but I was glad I did later on. I had eaten a lot of carbs last night so I didn’t eat anything this morning before the run. I did carry gatorade with me in my fuel belt.

This was by far the longest in distance and time that I have run. I ran about 13.2 miles in about 2 hours and 8 minutes. I ran about 90 seconds a mile slower than my normal pace. I was glad to run the distance, because now I know I can finish the Spinx half on 10/25. My question now becomes “Can I break 2 hours?”. Given my normal race pace, that shouldn’t be a problem. However, I am not sure I can sustain it for 13 miles.

I wonder if they are having any ‘pace groups’ for the Spinx. I might be interested in finding one if they do. Tomorrow is a Yoga day, but I might try to squeeze in a 3 mile run early if I can.

Furman Blue Shoes 5K is this Saturday. It should be fun as it is all off road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment