Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up...

Wow, what weekend...

First the race...

I have never run a half marathon so I have nothing to compare it to, but I had a great time. I thought the course was pretty cool. As I feared, it was a little too tight when we hit the Swamp Rabbit Trail the first time. Also, it would be great if they could remove the poles that keep vehicles off the trail. The guy beside me almost got a free vasectomy when the girl in front of him jumped out of the way. I thought the water stops were well placed and well staffed. Thanks to Fleet Feet for the Gu!

My last mile was my fastest, so that is a good thing. I averaged an 8:42 pace on the chip time and my garmin. I was pleased with that and I would love to get close to the same pace for my marathon in February.

Here is a picture of me and my friend Tim at the starting line. I am in the headband and Tim has on the white visor....

Spinx race 001

Here we are with our medals on...

Spinx race 018


After the race, I hauled dear son up to Camp Old Indian for a day of hiking and other activities and a very cold night in a tent. We made it back in time for Sunday School. We had a busy day with church and other activities (a lot of it was eating, yikes!) and I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. I’ll probably run tomorrow and see how I feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment