Thursday, January 1, 2009

First run of the year....

Well, winter showed back up as we rang in the new year.  It was a crisp 34 when I went out for my run today.  I got to use my new running tights and they were great.  The cold did not bother me at all.  Unfortunately, a little PF in my left heel bothered me all day, though not too much on the run.  I wonder if my hike yesterday stretched my foot out in an unusual way?  Well, Yoga starts back Tuesday and I hope that will clear it up as it has in the past.

Hopefully it will subside enough for me to get through the half marathon on Saturday without much trouble.  The new Nikes really covered it up pretty well during the run.  It bothered me much more just walking around during the day.

I am going to do my best to hydrate well tomorrow.  I think that was a key to my first half marathon, good hydration prior to the race.  I also need to pick up some GU.

I also ate my collard greens and black eyed peas today.  I hope good financial luck follows the traditional meal....

1 comment:

  1. Hope the heel heals and the Half Marathon goes well. Good luck with your running this year.

    ReplyDelete