Monday, January 12, 2009

Only six?

My schedule called for six miles today and it struck me how far I have come since I started running when I had to think about how to shorten my normal loop to hit six miles. I don't say this to brag, but it was just one of those moments when I realized how I could never have imagined that I would have to 'cut back' to six miles. Of course, just when a case of the 'big head' sets in, reality tends to catch up and between miles four and five my right knee developed an odd pain. It kind of felt like it was under the kneecap on the outside half of my knee. It wasn't too bad and I ended up putting it out of my mind after about a half mile. I popped some advil when I got home and have felt pretty good the rest of the day. I have yoga tomorrow and if it even slightly bothers me on Wednesday, I'll do some cross training or take the day off.

I'm working on a shopping list and I just realized how much GU I will need between now and the end of the marathon. I think I am going to do an online search to see if it is cheaper in bulk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment