Friday, January 23, 2009

Springlike weather today....

I ran at 5:00 today and it was almost spring-like outside. It was pretty breezy, but downright balmy compared to the last several weeks. I ran one of my favorite runs, a ladder run where I start out at an easy pace and increase the pace each mile for four or five miles. I really enjoy the feeling of the tempo picking up each mile.

I didn't go too fast today, but I ran the negative splits for 5 miles and then took it easy on the last two miles coming home. It felt really good. Even though I am not a very fast runner, it feels like I am flying by the last couple of intervals because of the increased pace. I like to alternate an ladder run with a tempo run each week. I don't particularly enjoy tempo runs, but they do help with speed and race confidence. The only reason I don't like them is because it is hard for me to maintain race intensity when I am running alone. In a race, I thrive off of the challenge of keeping up with faster runners.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go tubing, so that should be fun. Hopefully the tube course will still have snow after the warm day today and the rain we are supposed to get tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment