Sunday, January 4, 2009

Final wrap on the half....

The official results were finally posted and I ended up with a 1:55:09.  It was a bout 45 seconds off my first half last October and I wasn't running this one for a PR.  It gave me a lot of confidence to finish this race and feel as good as I did.

Now, I need to figure out whether or not to run the Green Valley 10 Miler the week before my marathon...  Any advice would be appreciated.  My training plan has me on an 8 miler that weekend already...

2 comments:

  1. Doing great Robert! Keep it up. I did a 5k on the treadmill and was able to only run about 10% but, it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert I ran 8 miles as a long run the week before my Full. I don't think doing Green Valley would hurt you but obviously use it as a workout not a race. Only thing I might say is its super hilly, and Myrtle is not. Focus on flat ground until Green Valley.

    ReplyDelete