Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow, less than 30 days...

Something close to panic set in as I glanced at the sidebar on my blog and saw the countdown is now less than 30 days away!

I have to keep reminding myself that I am right on schedule according to my training plan. I think I'll feel better after Sunday's 18 miler. Once that is in the books, hopefully I won't feel like 20 is impossible!

I got my five easy miles in today, and I did take it easy. It felt pretty good though. The key to Sunday will be starting out at slow pace. I always have a hard time doing that, even when I am not in a race.

It was not as cold as I had expected, though when I hit a head wind it did give me a little chill. Despite the coming cold temperatures, it looks like Sunday will be pretty good in the afternoon if the slight chance of showers holds off. I have some decisions to make on my route and I am having a tough time. I generally don't like doing a double loop, however I don't want to get too far from home either. I would also like to find some extended flat segments, but that just isn't very likely in my neck of the woods. I am going to hit mapmyrun.com tonight and see if I can put something together that is simple enough for me to remember... I can easily see me missing a turn and thinking I am about to be done only to find myself two miles short!

0 comments:

Post a Comment