Sunday, January 11, 2009

One of those days.....

Yesterday was one of those days... You know, one of those days that you wish you had every time you ran. I was due to run a tempo run this week and had not done it as of Friday. I knew I wouldn't be able to run on Sunday, so I just took off yesterday with no plan other than to get 7 miles in. The first mile slid by at an easy 9:08 pace and I felt like kicking it in a little and the next thing I knew I was running negative splits through mile 5 with only a slight letup on mile 6 and then I picked it back up for the last mile. I topped out with a 7:54 pace on mile 5. It felt great. No cramps, no pain, no anything but a great run.

I rested today because I start my heavy work for the next 3 weeks getting ready for 2/14. The next three Sundays consist of an 18 and two 20 mile runs before the taper. I'm getting a little nervous about it, but I'm sure they will go fine. I need to actually map out the runs though because I don't want to do double or triple loops unless I have too. I also need to buy some Powerade after I finish the Gatorade I have because Powerade is what will be available on the course. I haven't found out if they will have GU or anything, so I am going to take my own.

This week is pretty light for me until Sunday (6, 8 & 5 miles). I hope to get back to Yoga on Tuesday, I know I will need it with the long runs coming up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment