Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slow but steady....

Today was supposed to be a tempo run, but I really didn't feel like picking it up after my first mile. I went ahead and took it easy knowing that tomorrow would be three days in a row I was running. I felt better after mile four but decided to just keep it pretty steady even though I did run negative splits on two of my last three miles.

I think I have decided to 'run' the Green Valley 10 Miler the week before my marathon. I didn't run that race last year and it looks to be a pretty fun event. Plus, I want to get my points for the GTC running series. I don't think I will have any trouble pulling back and running at an easy pace. Long races are easier for me to ease up on because the pack tends to spread out and you don't constantly feel the need to pass someone (or avoid being passed).

I'm also going to sign up for Reedy River Run 10K as well. Hopefully it will be a good recovery race for me after the marathon. I ran the 5K last year as my first race. I will probably avoid the 5K in the future because of the huge numbers of walkers that feel the need to start in the front half of the pack and walk five wide.... I have nothing against walkers, but I wish the races would have a designated 'walker only' group line behind the runners. The 10K is pretty competitive since it is the state championship so I will definately be starting in the back of the pack for that one. The after race party is awesome and really the highlight of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment