Monday, January 26, 2009

7 miles today....

I left the house in what felt like a sprint today. I felt great and when I heard the 'beep' of my Garmin at end of the first mile I was anxious to see the pace I was on. Then when I saw 8:47 show up, I was shocked!

It really was stupefying to me that I felt like I was running at my 5K pace but I was only at my half marathon pace. I didn't let it bother me for too long. I felt pretty good in general and did pick up the pace for next three miles and then slowed it down for the last three. Today was scheduled to be an easy run, so I didn't want to overdo it and not be able to handle my tempo run on Wednesday.

Today was kind of weird as far the temperature went too. I looked at the thermometer and saw 50 degrees, but when I stood outside it felt cooler. I struggled with what to wear and finally decided I would rather be a little warm than a little cold and went with the tights and long sleeve compression shirt with a t-shirt over it. I did skip the fleece headband and gloves though. It felt great and I am starting to seriously consider buying some compression socks when the weather warms up. I am afraid that Lee won't even hang out with me after races if I am wearing them though, so I may have to slip them off before heading over to socialize!

Day one of the food diary is almost in the books and if I can avoid my normal late night feeding frenzy I will be off to a good start. It is amazing how much less I eat, if I eat slowly and then force myself to step back and let the food settle for 20 minutes. I have to remember that at lunch time when I typically eat quickly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment