Monday, January 5, 2009

Less than 40 days!!!

Really?  Less than 40 days to my first (will it be my only?) marathon?  It rained for 40 days and nights in the Bible when God flooded the earth, God gave those in Nineveh 40 days to repent and now I have a tad less than 40 days to get final prep work in...  I feel kind of like the Ninevites knowing that judgement day is coming in 40 days.

But seriously, I have a lot to do.  This week is the last light week on the training schedule until I taper, so I am going to enjoy it.  I don't feel any effects from the half marathon other than a little tightness in my calves today.  I'll stretch them out on an easy 7 miler later on.

I also have to get back on the weight watchers wagon full speed.  From Thanksgiving to New Years, I added some pounds back on and I want them off.  Lee and I took a big first step by cleaning out the excess Chex Mix yesterday.  Now that I am back on a normal schedule, I expect the weight to fall back off as well.  The good thing is that I have plenty of motivation since I got rid of all my clothes that were too big after I lost weight!  

I ordered some lightweight running tights from Sierra Trading Post and was real happy with them.  I got them for $10.  It looks like a great site to keep an eye on when looking for bargains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment