Monday, February 16, 2009

What, you don't get Presiden'ts Day off?

I'm sorry if you don't get President's Day off. I never did until I went to work for my present company. I must admit that I like it! It cuts off the wait for Memorial Day a little bit and this seems like a good time for a holiday as we always have lots of little errands to run this time of year. For example, I'm sitting in the dentist office right now while the kids get their teeth cleaned....

Early on in my career, I got Good Friday off. I liked that a little more than President's Day because it was usually a little warmer then. I never got Memorial day off until the last 6 years or so. We seemed to have inherited that as more refugees from the north have moved in. Thanks for the gift guys. Memorial Day and bagels were two pretty good imports from the north.

I always thought it was funny that in summer school in college we always got the 4th of July off if it was on a weekday. However, we had to go to class the next Saturday to make up for it. I never understood that.

Well, I do plan on spending some of my day off running. We are heading out to see 'The Pink Panther 2' and then I am going to run before supper. I hope to get in 7+ miles to get week off to a good start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment