Monday, February 23, 2009

Closing in on 100....

I had a short, but relatively hard 3 mile run today. I pushed mile 2 as hard as I could and get about a 7:38 pace in for an uphill mile. It felt good to run hard like that and I hope to get real tempo run in later in the week.

While looking at my stats for the month, I realized I am about to close in on 100 miles for the third straight month and 5 out of the last 6. I probably was higher than that in August and July, but I didn't keep a log for those two months. I need to drag my tail out of bed tomorrow to get a workout in early because it is going to be a busy day. I hope to cross train tomorrow and then get in two good runs on Wednesday and Friday. I may do a short run on Thursday or just cross train.

Lots of good races coming up... I just saw where the GHS 5K is moving to the Swamp Rabbit Trail this year. That should be a good race and it is definitely cheap with a $5 entry fee if you sign up early. Also coming up is the Furman 5K, the Greer Earth Day (half and 5K), Sunrise Run 8K and the Candlelight Run. That's lots of racing between now and the end of June.

0 comments:

Post a Comment