Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goals that I have already missed....

Well, I am off to a banner start in flubbing my goals for the year...

I will miss at least two of the ten for sure (marathon and race every month) and a couple of others are looking shaky.... (5 races of over 10 miles and racing out of state at the top of that list)

The question in my mind is does it really matter? The marathon goal hurt for about a day, but a lot of that was just pain from flubbing my 18 mile training run :) The racing every month is less of an issue for me now too. I was using that to keep my running motivation high, but that seems to be pretty easy to do even without a race staring me in the face each month. My mileage goal is one that I really want to hit and I am in good shape with it so far. I have also been slack in my yoga/cross training goal, but that has been due to work schedules and right now I am happy to have a work schedule!

The biggest goal that I want to hit for sure is partly related to running and that is maintaining my Weight Watchers lifetime status. After Christmas I was right at my goal weight depending on the day and I am still pretty much there. I want to drop 5 to 10 pounds over the next month to get back to my low weight.

The good news is that I have races scheduled for March and April that will keep my training on schedule and with warm weather comes lots of outside work that will burn a few extra calories too. Hopefully when I do my official 'quarterly' review at the end of March I will be on target with the goals that are still in play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment