Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It must be a shoe issue....

I ran 7 miles yesterday in my 'backup' running shoes and had none of the foot pain/cramps I was routinely having in my Nikes. I think that I may have an issue with the Nikes being laced too tight in an effort to reduce heel slipping.

I am going to re-lace them and try again. I found some lacing techniques that should allow me to get the shoe sufficiently tight around the heel without being too tight in the mid-foot and forefoot. I hope that works because I would hate to have these shoes reduced to short runs since they are so new.

I meant to run or go to the gym today, but work was too demanding. I will definitely get in a workout tomorrow. Not sure yet if I will run or hit the gym. I guess I will let the weather dictate that decision....

0 comments:

Post a Comment