Thursday, February 19, 2009

Running against the wind....

Somehow the wind was blowing in my face for my entire route today, or at least it seemed that way. I definitely felt the effects of the bike workout as well. My quads felt stiff and heavy the entire run. Having said all that, I had a good run getting in 7 miles at about an 8:40 pace.

I have one stretch that is a long uphill and was also into the wind. It really felt like I was almost standing still. It is hard for me to stand up straight when running into the wind, I keep wanting to hunch over. I am trying hard to work on my form and today was a good test. I think I passed. It helps that the streets were pretty busy and I needed to keep my head up to look for traffic!

I also can't believe it is Thursday already. My running week goes Monday - Sunday, so I only have two runs in so far. I hope to get in two more between now and Sunday to keep my miles up. I also just realized that the Reedy River Run is two weeks from Saturday. That will mark a year since my first race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment