Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hmmmm. Not so good excuses today....

I probably could have squeezed a run in today, but I didn't try hard enough. I'm trying to fight off a mile sinus infection and really didn't feel like pounding the pavement today. I'll definitely go tomorrow since I am only working half a day. I may even shoot for a long run and try to get 10 or more miles in since I won't have any time constraints.

I understand why we have such an obesity problem in this country. We have more holidays/events dedicated to food and beverages than I would have believed before I lost weight. I can't seem to go more than 3 weeks or so without a major eating event...

A quick glance at the calendar covers every month....

January: New Years Day (bowl games plus big meal), Super Bowl Sunday
February: Valentines Day (Yes, I shoveled 4 mini Baby Ruth's tonight)
March: St. Pattys Day (Corned Beef and Beer, yeah throw in some sweets too), NCAA Tourney
April: Lee's Birthday, our Anniversary, Masters weekend
May: Memorial Day cookouts, Mothers Day
June: Swim Meets = Late Night Pizza Binges, The Beach
July: The Beach Continued including July 4th
August: My birthday (just send cash, thanks in advance)
September: Labor Day, Football Tailgating
October: Football tailgating, Julian's Birthday & Halloween
November: Bobby's Birthday, Football Tailgating and of course the big one: Thanksgiving
December: Do I even need to go there... A month of food...

Yes, it is a good thing I took up running. I think if I run to and from all these events I might be able to survive and keep the weight off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment