Thursday, February 5, 2009

Laces and Races.....

I re-laced my Nikes and miraculously I had no pain on yesterday's run. If I get the same results on my next seven miler, I will chalk it all up to having them laced too tight. I really wasn't looking forward to running yesterday, but with all my cold weather gear on it wasn't too bad. Once I got about a half mile in, I felt pretty warm and really didn't notice the cold until I stopped at the end of the run. I am having a hard time deciding whether to run or go to the gym today. I know it warming up tomorrow, so I am tempted to take the easy route and go to the gym.

I am definitely re-stating my race goal for the year. I am not going to focus on running a race every month. Instead, I am going to focuson the GTC Tri-Running series and just take other races as they come along. I think that after the Reedy River and Cooper River, I will train for the Greer Earth Day half marathon. This year I hope to be able to do the Sunrise Run and the Candlelight Run as well.

Well, my main goal is to maintain my fitness and weight and I am doing OK on both of those. I had my physical today and other than waiting on the bloodwork results, the doctor was pretty happy. My weight was down from last year and my blood pressure was great. I used to be uncomfortable getting a hernia check, but after I turned 40 I realized that was no big deal.... Some of you will know what I mean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment