Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The great blizzard of '09....

Well, the blizzard has come and mostly gone and it is time to get my last few miles of training in before the Reedy River Run...

I didn't mind the break yesterday because of the blizzard, but I had already been running on a treadmill for three days so I am dying to get back outside. I'm not sure if I will make it today or not. My thought was to run 7-8 miles today and then get in a 5 mile tempo run tomorrow. I may have to reverse those and do the tempo run on the treadmill today. I'll probably do the elliptical on Thursday and an easy 3 miles on Friday.

I had originally hoped to PR in this race, but when I bailed on the marathon my training hasn't been as tough as it should have been and I don't see a PR in the cards for Saturday. I doubt I will get a PR at the Cooper River Bridge Run either because it is so crowded. Maybe I can find a 10K later in the spring or I may have to shoot for a PR at the Midnight Flight in August.

I have discovered that the treadmill can become a little more enjoyable if you can find a movie or basketball game to watch. Sitcoms have too many commercials and I don't like flipping channels too much while I am running. This past weekend, I was able to find some movies to watch and it made a big difference. It seems like most of the movies on during the day are chick flicks or real old movies. I don't mind old movies, but I like to get in at the beginning if I haven't seen it before. I had a real flash back to the 80's watching 'The Karate Kid" on Saturday while I was running. Seeing scenes of a high school where not every kid had a car, nobody had cell phones and the kids had a big boom box on the beach brought back memories. I rented it that night so my kids could see how people really survived without all that stuff. Of course, don't try to take away my Garmin.... Oh yeah, I am pretty sure I saw a pair of first generation Nike Pegasus shoes in the flick too...

2 comments:

  1. Just a test comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete