Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A humbling experience...

I felt pretty good after the race on Saturday. I took Sunday off except for a little bike riding with my son. Yesterday I went out for an 'easy' seven miles. Well, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped!

I had some soreness creep up and my legs felt so heavy that I thought I was running through wet concrete. It didn't help that I had not hydrated very well, ie no morning coffee :)

The warm air was nice and I enjoyed breaking a sweat and the last 2 miles were a lot easier than the first two miles.

Now for my daily pet peeve... My normal route has me on two fairly busy roads: E. North Street and Edwards Road. It amazes me how many cigarette butts and how much fast food trash is on the shoulder of the road. I'm not going to preach about how bad smoking is for your health, but I am going to slam you if you throw your butts out onto the street. If you are mature enough to make the decision to smoke, then you dang sure are mature enough to clean up after yourself. On that note, keep your Big Mac trash in your car until you get to a trash can. And runners are not immune to this either. I see GU packets on the side of the road frequently, usually within site of a dumpster. The solution to overflowing landfills is not to throw your trash on the side of the road....

There. I feel better now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment